Saturday, December 02, 2006

Deleting for a Testimony


A confession: This morning I had 2gb of music files on my computer that I hadn't paid for but accumulated through various means: napster type internet programs, "borrowing" a cd from a friend... I just deleted them. I made many excuses for having them before: "If they didn't want people sharing them, they should have made it more difficult to do", musicians charge too much for their music, its cultural--everyone does it. But no matter how many justifying reasons I could come up with, it's still not right. A testimony is worth more to me than music and I want to answer "yes" to "Are you really different?", "Are Christians really different?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh -

I am very proud of you for doing that! On top of the fact that it's wrong, and that we as Christians should stand out, I've always thought that if a song meant so much to me that I wanted to own it and listen to it more than once, then the artist who made the song deserved to be paid for making it. :)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Joshua Clutterham said...

Fawn, that's a good point. A friend of mine noticed that people are losing the sense of value in general. By people, he could have said "Josh." But I don't want to be "people." There are huge implications for never appreciating what you didn't work for to achieve.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home