Thursday, July 06, 2006

Ani B'Yisrael Acshav! (I am now in Israel!)


I have been in Israel for just over a week now. I am attending an ulpan (Hebrew Language program) through the Rothberg International School of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem. We began class on Sunday (in Israel the assembly of believers meets on Saturday mornings). Class is about 5-6 hours a day and about an hour of homework so far each day and a test at the end of each week.

I have been to the Old City 3 times so far since I have been here. But actually, coming back to the moshav is a highlight of my day. I am staying at Moshav Yad HaShmonah for the first month of my stay here. This is the community where the IBEX campus is located and where I lived for 4 months as a 19 year old college student at the Master's College. It is so much more peaceful than being in the city. This is true for many reasons. First, it is located somewhat remotely from the beaen path. Just off highway 1 (the highway from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem) but not traveled by unless you are headed there or the small Arab village adjacent to it--So, no noisy traffic and such. It is located in the Judean Hill Country with great views to the coast (on a clear day) and rocky tree-filled hills surrounding it. Additionally, the moshav is unique as being one of the few communities began and sustained by believers in Yeshua as the Messiah. I think this is one of the biggest parts of the peace here...being with others who know the Prince of Peace Himself.

I'll end this post with sharing some pictures:

I take the bus to and from school every day.





Hebrew University is located on Mount Scopus, just north of the Mount of Olives. This picture was taken from New Gate (an entrance into the Old City of Jerusalem on the North side).





There are some great views of the city from Mt. Scopus.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joshua Clutterham said...

anonymous, thanks for visiting my blog and taking time to leave a comment. i will personally read your comment but have deleted it from this section as it, at first glance, seemed like more of an advertisement than an invitation to interaction. and since i do not know you personally believe that this was reasonable. at present, i can't say how long it will take for a response due to the length (the comment was about 18 pages), if you would like to check back at a later date.

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh -
So glad you and your team were able to serve so well in Croatia and that you got to Israel safely. You're in my prayers as you study and enjoy your old stomping grounds. :)

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home