Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sunrise Over Jerusalem

Some friends and I spent the night on the roof of Petra Youth Hostel the other night. We didn't get much sleep with all the crazy singing people down below, the muslim call to prayer at 4:30 am and the procession of church bells from alternating churches at sunrise. But I did have a chance to watch the sunrise over the mount of olives. I also experimented with my camera, taking incrementatl shots of the sunrise over the city and then piecing them together so you can see the motion of the sunrise. One disclaimer: I know that I totally missed the sun. It's so sad. I set my tripod in the direction I thought the sun would appear and then slowly watched it arise slightly out of view :( So please don't make fun of me. I think it still has value. To view, click on the picture below.

4 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Wow Josh, that is beautiful...wish I coulda been there to see it too (being sick is no fun sometimes), but I'm glad you captured it.

4:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even without the sun, it is breathtaking. Thanks for sharing that sunrise. :) How're your mum and grandpa doing?

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Buddy! It's great to read your latest post, I'd really love to hear from you. My new email address brad.pixley@anzachurch.org.

- Brad

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh - It was good seeing you for a moment on Friday. Sorry you were back under such circumstances. Your family is in my prayers.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home