Saturday, February 04, 2006

Not you too...


That was the first response I recieved when telling a friend I started this blog... I don't mind, I guess it's kind of a fad but I enjoy reading other's blogs so I thought I would join in. Well, I think having a purpose for your blog is an important thing. Not just because it gives direction to what you will say but life should be lived on purpose and that principle trickles down to individual actions.

So...in stating a purpose for my blog, a little background is necessary. The title of this blog is meant to associate itself with John Bunyan's allegorical account of the Christian life. My Christian life began 8 years ago when God saved me from the just penalty for my sin through faith in my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. I was anticipating my senior year of high school. Growing up in a Christian home (that is my parents are believers as well), church attendance began in a nursery. I was exposed to the Bible and the person and work of Jesus Christ from an early age. I knew a lot. Yet, the affections of my heart as a child and teenager were not for the God of the Bible. I saved those affections for my own desires and the life that I believed would bring me happiness, the god of my own choosing. During that summer, God changed me. I began to read the Scripture, specifically the book of James. It spoke of a faith that is dead, not a real faith. As I studied that summer I began to see the likness of that faith to my own professed but dead faith in God. I remember the confronting thought of Christ's return and if I would be a part of his calling when He came back. But recalling what I knew of Jesus and the promise of forgivness of sin through faith in Him, I trusted Him, in my best understanding, for the first time. Since then, my life has changed so much. I have been studying the Bible and seeking to live its truth by God's grace and work in me. I have graduated from a Bible college and continue to pursue a life in full-time Christian ministry--a drastic change to the life of an engineer (what i was anticipating before that summer).

So...I have created this blog with a desire to exalt Jesus Christ as He works to set me apart from sin and to holiness and likeness to him; from the things that I learn to the events of my life specifically noticed toward that end.

I don't know who will end up reading this but if you are reading and want to know more about Jesus and how you can know the forgiveness of your sin and the hope of eternity with Him feel free to leave a comment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey-thanks for sharing all of that-it was neat to hear your testimony! I didn't know you wanted to be an engineer?! I like your blog-almost makes me want to start one....almost :)

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home